Want to make treats look extra-sweet?
Our Paper Heart Pouches combine washi tape, kraft paper, a little stitching and a whole lotta sweet style!
Learn how to make them (it's simple, I promise) after the jump.
Materials - washi tape, kraft paper, cardboard / thick paper for template
Tools - a marker, scissors, sewing machine threaded with a bold colour
Making Paper Heart Pouches:
1. Create a heart template. This one is about 4" / 10cm which makes a heart pouch big enough to fit about 3 chocolate hearts. On the kraft paper, trace around the heart template using your marker. Trace 2 hearts for each pouch you want to make.
2. To create the front of the pouch, cover the heart you've traced with strips of washi tape. No need to be neat! Only cover half of the hearts you've traced with washi tape, these will become the pouch fronts - the back pieces can be left plain.
3. Time to cut out that heart. Flip the washi tape-covered heart over and, if you've used a marker, you should be able to see the outline of the heart. Cut it out!
Repeat until you have as many washi tape decorated hearts as you'd like.
4. Cut out the plain back pieces you've traced. Take one fancy heart (front) and one plain paper heart (back) and head to your sewing machine.
5. With the two pieces together, sew around the outside of the heart. Leave a gap (about 2" / 5cm) in the side.
6. Trim those extra pieces of thread.
7. Stuff with your favourite treats. If you are using unwrapped goodies, I'd recommend putting them in a food-safe bag first. I don't know about you, but I don't know where my kraft paper has been! Head back to the sewing machine and sew up the gap in the side. Don't overfill the heart pouches or this can be difficult.
That's it! If you'd like, you can write sweet messages on the plain kraft paper back. This would be easier to do before stuffing the hearts.
Happy making & Happy Friday!